Friday, 17 August 2012

Bannari Amman Temple Erode district Tamil Nadu


Bannari amman temple Erode district is one of the most famous Amman temples in Tamil nadu and it is in Bannari on NH 209, near Sathyamangalam, Erode district.Around 300 years ago, the dana Nayakkan or Dhandanyakkan forest you all know now its been called as “BANNARI”. This name Bannari for this great historical place origined because of the great temple “Bannari Amman Temple”.The cowherd has his own doubts about that particular cow and he decided to have an eye on it. He allowed the other cows to graze and pursued that particular cow secretly. It went alone near a Vengai tree and stood beneath it. Milk began to flow from its udder automatically. He wondered at such a strangle sight and told about it to the other cowherds. The news spread like wildfire to the villagers. Next day they were on the spot to witness the wonder. They found the cow repeating the same behavior. Milk cozed out of the teats of its udder on the particular spot amidst the grass.They removed the thickly grown grass and shrubs there and, to their surprise, they found a sand-hill and s Swayambu Linga near it. Linga is a special of divinity and so they felt that the spot beneath the Vengai tree should have a celestical significance. They prayed to the Linga with fold hands.
Bannari Amman Temple Erode district Tamil Nadu
Among the devotees who were there, one got into a trance. As a spokesman of the Deity he began to pass on the divine message to everybody. According to his words, it was understood that the deity safeguarded the traders from Kerala who passed by that way to Mysore to sell their goods carried by cows on their back. The deity was enamoured of the picturesque beauty of that place and she decided to stay on there to bless and protect the pilgrims. Moreover, she wanted a temple to be constructed there so that the people in and around that place would pray to Her in the name of Bannari Mariamman. Thus Bannari became the permanent abode of the goddess.


 Road -    There are lot of buses from Sathyamangalam(15 km), Bhavanisagar, Thalavadi and Chamarajanagar (60 km) to reach Bannari. The buses from Coimbatore and Erode to Mysore, Chamarajanagar and Kollegal on NH 209 also passes through Bannari. One can also get the buses from Bhavanisagar and reach the temple via Kothamangalam, but this is a long route to reach Bannari.And on every Sunday, Monday, Friday and new moon days there are special buses to the temple from Sathyamangalam, Erode and Coimbatore.

Nearest railway station -The nearest railway station is Mettupalayam, the other near railways stations are Coimbatore and Chamarajanagar.
Nearest Airport -The nearest airport is the one at Coimbatore for reaching Bannari.


Pin It

Palani Hill Temple Dindigul District Tamil Nadu

The Hill Temple of Palani is one of the most famous temples of Murugan in India. It is located in the town of Palani, 100 km southeast of Coimbatore and a similar distance northwest of Madurai, and in the foot-hills of the eponymous Palni Hills. At its foot is the Temple of Thiru-avinan-kudi, one of the Arupadaiveedu.The deity of Palani is known as Dandayudhapani Swami, the Lord having the Staff in his Hand. 
Palani Hill Temple Dindigul District Tamil Nadu
The deity at the sanctum sanctorum is made out of an amalgam of nine minerals popularly called Navabashana. The deity is in a standing position with a baton in his hand. He has the look of a person who has renounced all worldly pomp. He has just a loincloth besides the baton. He is a mute messenger of the great precept 'Renounce all to reach Me'. The icon is unique in the whole world. It was made by siddha Bhogar by combining nine poisonous substances (navabashana). Murugan signifies beauty and Lord Murugan of Kurinji land is the god of Beauty and Youth.

NEAREST AIRPORT -  Airport Madurai ( 125 kms ) and Coimbatore (110).
RAILWAY STATION-Palani Railway Station (Local) and Dindigul Railway Junction ( 60 kms) .
ROAD -Palani is Connected by Road with all important towns. Regular bus services are available from Palani to Madurai, Kodaikanal, Theni,indigul, Thiruchirappalli, Kumuli, Bangalore, Coimbatore and Chennai.
LOCAL TRANSPORT -Horse Cart, Auto, Taxis and vans are available. City Buses are available
Pin It

Dindigul Fort Dindigul District Tamil Nadu


The Dindigul Fort Dindigul District Tamil Nadu formally known as (Dindigul Malai Kottai )is a 17th-century hill fort situated in the town of Dindigul in the state of Tamil Nadu in India.  this at a height of 280 ft. In the year 1605 Madurai King 'Muthu Krishna Naicker' started the construction of this Fort. In 1623 to 1659 Mannar Thirumalai Naicker completed this. In 1755 Hyder Ali was escorting Fakhr-Un-Nisha his wife and Five years old Tipu to Dindigul. From 1784 to 1790 the Fort was under the rule of 'Tipu Sultan'. In 1784, the Tipu's commandant Syed Ibrahim, under whose care the Fort was, constructed many rooms in the Fort, strenthend the walls and also got repaired. During the year 1790 in the Mysore war Tipu was defeated and the Fort came into the hands of English.
Dindigul Fort  Dindigul District Tamil Nadu
Approaching from Madurai (65 km), the huge rock emerges on the horizon like a "Dhindu" (pillow) — hence the city's name, Dindigul. Amidst paddy fields and coconut groves, it stands out like a welcome symbol, one kilometer short of the city centre. Under the Mysore reign in the 18th century, this fort marked the border between the Madurai and Mysore kingdoms. Dindugul town was not in existence at that time, whereas the region was an amalgamation of a few villages. Today the fort is an important landmark of Dindigul town.
Pin It