Ranjankudi Fort is a 17-th century fortress located about 17 kilometres north of the town of Perambalur in Tamil Nadu, India.Ranjankudi Fort was built by a Jagirdar under Nawab of Carnatic in 17th century A.D. The Fort walls are built with neatly cut stone blocks. There are three fortification walls at different heights and the bottom most is the main rampart. It is oblong on plan with semi circular bastions and encircled by a moat fed by a tank on the Southern side.
|Ranjankudi Fort Perambalur District Tamilnadu|
Ranjankudi fort contains a palace, residential buildings, underground chambers, mosque and flag mast. The fort was the scene of the battle of Valikondah between the English and Mohammad Ali on one side and Chanda Sahib and the French on the other side in 1751 AD. This fort is under protection of the Archaeological survey of India.